With a primary focus on biologicals, feed additives and veterinary diagnostics.
Animal Health: Evaluation of Veterinary Market Opportunities for Atomo Diagnostics
Rupert leads the company’s projects within the animal health sector. As well as managing individual client projects he provides long term IP management and business development support to a number leading animal health research institutes and government agencies, working in house with their senior research and commercial management. He has worked in the field of technology commercialisation since 1996. His specific areas of expertise are transaction support (particularly licensing strategy and negotiation) and innovation management and strategy.
A strategic focus
Along with Agritech more generally, animal health is a primary areas of focus reflected in the overall number of clients and projects completed each year. We work with many of the leading animal health research institutes and universities globally, supporting ad hoc projects through to longer term business development and IP support.
Broad technology expertise
Our expertise covers veterinary medicines, particularly vaccines, and veterinary diagnostics, both laboratory based and point-of care diagnostics. With a primary focus on production animals, we also undertake projects relating to companion animals (dogs, cats and horses) and aquaculture.
Extensive industry contacts
The animal health industry is more fragmented and generally less well understood than the much larger human health market. We routinely meet with and have good personal contacts across the major players and tier 2 companies in different parts of the sector (medicines, feed, diagnostics etc.), using these connections to be able to rapidly understand changes in their business focus and technology interests.
Animal Health: Assessment of RSV antiviral technology for the University of Warwick
Animal Health: Impact and Commercialisation Review for leading UK Russell Group university
Our clients include universities, research institutes, SMEs, large enterprise and public sector organisations in over 20 countries.
We recognise and understand what is important to our clients and their stakeholders. This enables us to provide meaningful outcomes and practical next steps for all client assignments.
- Providing a market assessment and patent landscape for a UK university investigating the opportunity for novel anti-viral therapeutics in cattle leading to the university securing significant additional translational funding.
- Assisting with the marketing and sales strategies for a major veterinary proficiency testing service leading to a more than 50% growth in their revenues over a 5-year period.
- Provision of resources to the UK Trade & Investment’s (UKTI) R&D Programme in the animal health sectors leading to a number of new investment opportunities into UK from global animal health and veterinary diagnostic companies.
- Assisting a UK research organisation to negotiate and complete the sale of a molecular array product business to a global leading diagnostic company resulting in significant revenue to the organisation.
- Undertaking an IP audit for a veterinary practise leading to the company implementing improved procedures to identify and manage their intellectual property assets.
- Assisting a UK client to identify and secure seed funding to develop a range of molecular infectious disease assays and subsequently assisting the development and execution of a strategic agreement with a global diagnostic company.