The kick-off meeting of the H2020 project InnoVar was held October 16th, 17th and 18th in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
InnoVar aims to augment and improve the efficacy and accuracy of European crop variety testing and decision-making, using an integrated approach incorporating genomics, phenomics and machine learning.
The project’s consortium counts IP Pragmatics as one of the 21 partners across Europe. Together, the partners of the consortium will endeavour to:
- Support the introduction of new varieties that are “fit for purpose”, providing stable and higher yields
- Help introduce plant traits that respond to new challenges and demands in the conventional and organic sectors
- Increase the economic return of growers
- Develop experimental designs, methods and tools to improve performance testing of new varieties for their sustainability profile
- Support activities of the network of European and national plant variety examination offices
- Improve information and recommendations on variety performance available to growers
Read more on the official press release.