Deciphering global patent information to direct your IP and commercial strategy.
Essential tool for established industries as well as emerging technology sectors
We undertake patent landscape analysis for clients globally, including large corporates, SMEs, universities and research institutes.
Our experience in patent landscaping covers everything from gene editing and graphene through to cattle fertility, aerospace structures and smart meters.
We understand patent landscaping in a commercial context
We use a range of proprietary and subscription patent databases and industry-leading landscape analytical tools to carry out patent landscaping services for our clients.
Our team includes qualified IP professionals as well as professionals with first-hand industry and commercial knowledge in a wide range of sectors. We use this experience to enhance more traditional patent searching and analysis by incorporating market understanding and industry insights.
Our clients include universities, research institutes, SMEs, large enterprise and public sector organisations in over 20 countries.
We recognise and understand what is important to our clients and their stakeholders. This enables us to provide meaningful outcomes and practical next steps for all client assignment.
Broad patent landscaping to shape commercial and corporate strategy
We use high-level patent landscaping as an intelligence tool to:
- Understand your competitive position in a particular industry or technology sector
- Provide valuable insight into competitor R&D activity and innovation strategy
- Identify key players and highlight licensing and partnering opportunities
- Deliver graphical outputs of patent trends and landscape maps
Targeted patent landscaping to shape IP strategy
Patent landscaping for early-stage technologies and new products is used to:
- Give an indication of patentability for early-stage technologies
- Analyse the freedom to operate in a particular technology sector
- Inform product development strategy
- Perform a qualitative evaluation of patents that define a particular technology sector